Not everybody cares about stock prices or the weather. Here's how to remove the weather and stock widgets from the iOS 5+ Notification Center. If you
wish to disable both or in fact just the one here is how.
- Navigate to Settings => Notifications
- Look down the list of apps in Notifications and tap on the ones you want to turn off (Weather and/or Stock)
- When the app's screen comes up simply toggle the setting from
- Continue toggling until the Weather and/or Stock Widget you don't like are set to
- The widget you've turned off will now appear under the Not In Notification Center category on the Notifications screen
- Swipe down (open Notifications Center) and you will no longer see the Weather and/or Stock
- To enable the Weather or Stock Widget again at a later date simply follow the steps again but rather than setting it to
toggle it to
This article applies to the following:
- iOS 10 (formerly iPhone OS) - Is the intuitive, advanced, intelligent and secure mobile operating system. It’s the foundation of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It comes with a collection of apps and features that let you do the everyday things, and the not-so-everyday things, in ways that are intuitive, simple and fun.
Is this article outdated? Please let us know →
Updated 19/05/14 @ 19:58 PM
Steven Leonard (Editor)